Extended Learning Program (ELP)
Salt Lake City School District’s Extended Learning Program (ELP)
Extended Learning Program (ELP) testing Information
For information on the Elementary Magnet ELP testing, Click the below link..
Grade Level Goals and Objectives
ELP curriculum extends from the Utah State Core Curriculum, with added depth, complexity, abstraction, and novelty. ELP also offers opportunities for academic peer association, appropriate pacing, and authentic products.
Salt Lake City School District’s Extended Learning Program (ELP) provides specialized educational services for identified gifted and high ability elementary school students. Applications for magnet ELP testing will be available on the ELP website.
2020-2021 Extended Learning Program Application Information!
Online Application Process
For student(s) entering grades 1 through 8 in the 2020-2021 school year, online applications are open from September 23, 2019 at 12 noon – November 1 at 5 p.m.
- Assessments are scheduled and administered at your child’s school in November 2019.
- School staff coordinate an assessment date and time directly with parents/guardians of applicants.
- Out-of-district students assess at the district office.
- Eligibility results are mailed via U.S. Post to the address submitted on the online application in January 2020.
New this Year! SLCSD is pleased to administer the district-wide universal assessment screener in February 2020 for all current SLCSD Pre-School (Pre-K-4) and Kindergarten classes. The purpose of this screener is to identify students for potential Magnet ELP assessment, with possible eligibility and placement.
If you have a child entering Kindergarten in the 2020-2021 school year, online applications are open from December 9, 2019 at 12 noon – January 24 at 5 p.m.
- Assessments are administered at the SLCSD district offices in March 2020.
- Eligibility results are mailed via U.S. Post in April 2020 to the address submitted on the online application.
Please contact the ELP department at 801-578-8573 for any further questions.