Meals & Nutrition
The Salt Lake City School District recognizes that a poor diet negatively impacts students’ health, and their ability and motivation to learn. The child nutrition program provides students access to the varied and nutritious foods they need to stay healthy and energized to succeed year round.
The Salt Lake City School District waives the federal reduced price meal rate; therefore, students who qualify for federal Free or Reduced Price Meal Benefits are eligible to receive one free student breakfast and one free student lunch each day they attend any of our schools.
Student Meal Prices
- Elementary Schools: Breakfast $1.00 / Lunch $2.00
- Middle Schools: Breakfast $1.20 / Lunch $2.30
- High Schools: Breakfast $1.20 / Lunch $2.50
Additional Meal Options
- Adult Meal: Breakfast $2.50 / Lunch $3.50
Note: Second student meals and non-enrolled children will be charged the adult meal price.
- Single Food Items: Entrée $2.00 / Side Dish $1.00 / Milk or Juice $0.50